Hunter Valley Wine Country
Hunter Valley Wine Country is renown world wide as a premium wine destination. It's a country escape with a central theme of wine & fabulous food.
I've lived in the Valley most of my life, it has an engaged community of food & wine lovers, golfers & people that enjoy life.
It's a fabulous lifestyle with a warm, generous community.
Most visitors wander the wineries tasting wines & stocking the cellar, enjoying our restaurants & produce along the way.
There are amazing experiences on offer, some with wine as the focus, some with wine enjoyed sitting overlooking the country side at the end of the day.
The problem is where to start.
- over 140 wineries,
- a vast array of eateries & producers,
- three International golf courses,
- numerous day spas
- a wide range of accommodation.
Did you know you can
- tour a winery learning about the process
- taste a line up of new & emerging varietals or Hunter Valley classics
- take a wander through the vineyard tasting wines from those specific vines
- enjoy a tutored tasting of a specific variety, accompanied by cheeses
- take a cheese making course
- learn to cook paella
- picnic in the vines
- have a chef create a tasting menu just for you
- meet a local artist, tour their gallery or take a class
- blend your own wine
- have a chef cook a dinner of local produce for you & your friends at your accommodation
- loop the loop in a Jet fighter, take a joy flight in a tiger moth or float over the vineyards in a balloon
- taste the Hunter's trophy wines
- taste wines straight from the barrel & tank
- take a helicopter ride to lunch
- take a guided tour of the Gardens
- enjoy a high tea - country style
Various areas & roads within the region offer a natural trail for the day - differing scenery, personalities & offerings, ride a horse, cycle or walk.
Then there is the scenery, relax in a hidden cabin or guest house, watch the kangaroos, take bush walks, visit historical towns.
For families, the kids can play in the story book gardens, get hands on with an a array of local wildlife, meercats, monkeys & alligators at Hunter Valley Zoo, stay at an Alpaca farm, play in the country & enjoy a horse & carriage ride.
Mix it up or follow a theme - total indulgence, food & wine, couples retreat, energetic or relaxed - I'll put together some ideas, let you in on a few local secrets & when you're happy I'll book everything, all you have to do is relax & enjoy.