School holidays are on the doorstep & Wine Country is a great destination to escape with the family; its a rural setting with plenty of room for kids, & adults, to run & play.
There is a range of places to stay.
- Resorts with the benefit of onsite services & activities; pools, kids clubs, baby sitting services. In the Valley we have several with two & three bedroom apartments so everyone can stay together; or with interlocking rooms for older kids.
- Self contained cottages and farm stays offer plenty of room in a rural setting, options to self cater meals so you don't need to head out at night; some include billiard tables, tennis courts, ping pong tables, pools & more to keep the whole family entertained. Renting a couple of cottages on the one property is a great option for extended families for a week in the country.
- Rent a house at The Vintage, located on the Greg Norman designed golf course (perfect for a few hours adult escape). They have plenty of room & fabulous entertaining areas, often have a pool & there are great resources within the village.
There are a myriad of options for children of all ages.
- Hunter Valley Gardens has plenty to keep the kids busy & is looking stunning with a colourful display of Spring Blooms. There are dinosaurs, treasure hunts & jumping castles to mention a few of the activities.
- If you haven't tried Aqua & Putt Putt golf they are a must. A big favourite in our family, this covers everyone, with prizes for those with good aim or a bit of luck on their side.
- For the energetic adventure lovers there is bike riding, horse riding & bush walks.
- Many of our Cellar Doors understand that if the kids are happy, the parents will relax & enjoy their tasting. A few of the places with activities for the kids are Briar Ridge Vineyard (basket full of balls, hoola hoops & outdoors games), Scarborough Wine co. (colouring & puzzle books) and Gundog Estate (wi-fi for the iPad).
- There are also Babysitting Services that take care of the kids at your accommodation, or join you on the day to look after the kids as you visit various cellar doors and restaurants; and kids clubs at the resorts.
- A family BBQ in your self-catered accommodation (BBQ packs are available from a few local caterers & delis or bring your own)
- Fine dining - make sure you mention you have children in your group when booking & they'll provide high chairs, colouring or wifi & kids menus. At EXP they have fantastic colourful table settings to really make the little ones feel special. Want to leave the kids at home while you have a "grown-ups dinner"? Call in a babysitter - we have some great local services
- For something special - why not organise an in-house Chef to come to you - great for a large group, will include the clean up & means you don't have to worry about driving (not available at all accommodation)
- A dinner picnic - if you've had a big day, order a picnic & have it at your accommodation. You can grab one while you are out, or with a small, additional charge have the picnic delivered so all you have to do is relax & enjoy
- Stock up with local cheeses, olives & a bottle of wine & relax taking in the beautiful scenery from your balcony
- For lunch, pick a restaurant or cafe with a sunny courtyard (there are lots to chose from), the kids can run & play while you relax. Cafe Enzo & Mojos The Deli have some great toys & activities for kids.
If you'd like help planning, booking & creating a unique escape call Rowena 0418148283 or email.