Christina Tulloch is General Manager at Tulloch Wines, one of the oldest wine companies in the region.
1. My Hunter Story...
I was "born and raised", as they say, in Pokolbin. The Tulloch story began in the Hunter in the 1800’s and I am the current custodian of this wonderful history.
2. The local secret (that I’m prepared to share is)…
The view from the top of Pokolbin Mountain where my husband proposed to me. The sheer beauty of that valley stretching out as far as the eye can see always overwhelms me.
3. Local life is …
Never dull and always full of great friends, great wine and great food.
4. One thing that’s good to know when visiting…
Plan ahead. Although it can take some of the spontaneity out of a getaway it ensures you get the very most out of your visit and have all the best experiences. And, ask the locals, they know the best spots to eat, drink and be merry.
5. Three things you should do when in the Hunter
- Enjoy a long lunch at Bistro Molines overlooking beautiful Mount View.
- Try a wine you have never tried before, even if you can’t pronounce it!
- Marvel at the mighty Brokenback Mountain Range. I have a saying, “as long as I can see the Brokenback, everything will be okay!
Tulloch Wines, Debeyers Rd, Pokolbin.