One of the great pleasures working & living in the Hunter is helping visitors discover the people, places & produce that makes the Hunter so special.
When I escape for a short or long break I like to make the most of my holiday; there's nothing worse than discovering the place up the road is better than the one you selected; finding out it's too late to get a table at the best restaurant; that you had to book for the "hands on class" with the maker; that you only discovered the well worn tourist trails & not the region's hidden gems.
There are so many choices! Where do you start? Which ones will deliver the experiences you are looking for? You don't want to waste your time with the wrong ones, by missing that secret place or by not having booked.
Which winery has the wine styles you enjoy, where do you find the best coffee, which restaurants are a MUST visit, where do the locals dine, golf, drink, picnic & relax, which shopping precinct is the one for you, what is the region's history.
I've seen it so often, you arrive in the Hunter happy to have escaped the city & everyday life. It was a mad rush to get away from work, sort the family & pets; you've arrived, checked into your accommodation. Now its time to decide what to do, where to dine, which wineries to visit, what the options are for indulging & spoiling yourselves.
This is where I can help.
- spend a short time chatting with you to discover what you enjoy, what your expectations are, your budget & how many, & who is in your group.
- tailor an itinerary for you, using local knowledge, locals suggestions & my experiences.
Once you are happy with the itinerary I'll
- make your bookings ensuring you get spoiled at your chosen venue,
- create a final itinerary, with contact details, booked times, addresses & links to local maps,
- include tips, secrets & suggestions.
Then its over to you to enjoy. If you have any additional requests or need assistance during your visit, all you need to do is contact me.
Your Bespoke Itinerary will be as busy, adventurous or relaxed as you like; it will be as informal or structured as you require; its all about you.
Please call me if you have questions or would like me to tailor an itinerary especially for you 0418 14 8283.
Itinerary Ideas & Suggestions
These are just a few of the many Itineraries I can plan & book for your short break away. Most of these are for a two night stay & fit into the fee structure outlined here (** This fee is for my services activities & other services are extra).
Steeped in History- Hunter Valley Wine Country
Stay in an historic guesthouse or maybe The Convent, built in 1909 & moved to Pokolbin in 1980
Discover original Aboriginal culture & cave paintings
- Taste wines from the region's Heritage Vineyards, from some of Australia's oldest grape vines
- Visit the historic villages of Wollombi or Morpeth
- Take in a couple of Vintage/Antique Shops
- Dine in an 1876 Slab Hut
Indulgence Weekend - Hunter Valley Wine Country
- Experience the beautiful NSW coastline as you take a Helicopter from Sydney to the vineyards & return
- Sleep amongst the vines in one of our 5 star Guest houses
- Enjoy a Watsu Spa Treatment
- Take a balloon ride just for two with a Champagne picnic breakfast in the vines to finish
- Take a cadillac ride to meet a few of the region's winemakers;
- Meet the Chef as you tour his vegetable garden before enjoying a magnificent local produce lunch
- Dine in one of the region's premium restaurants
Girls' Getaway - Hunter Valley Wine Country
Book your own cottage just for the girls
Arrange for the cottage to be stocked with the first night's wines, chocolates and any other "essential" luxuries
Relax & catch up, while your in-house Chef cooks you dinner to enjoy on your verandah, or by the open fire at your cottage
Indulge in a day of sparkling wine, hands on wine experiences & local cheese
Dress up for a night of the finest food & wine at one of our hatted restaurants
Rejuvenate at the day spa
Test your artistic flair with an Art, Wellness & Creativity Workshop
A Weekend with the Kids in Wine Country
- A cabin in the bush or a villa at a resort? Or maybe an Alpaca Farm?
- Family dinner at one of the region's casual restaurants
- Pat a Koala & enjoy a picnic lunch at Hunter Valley Zoo. If the kids are over 13yo how about an encounter with a Meerkat or Marmoset?
- Explore the Hunter Valley Gardens
- Meet the Golf pro for a few tips & then take a family challenge at Aqua & PuttPutt golf
- Mum & Dad's night out - babysitter booked, transfers to & from & a dinner just for the grown ups!
- Take in a couple of family friendly wineries