WINE TOURISM MARKETING SPECIALIST
I assist wine tourism businesses to promote and grow their businesses.
I am experienced in Marketing planning & implementation to include social media management, content, events management, web development, wine club development.
- Stomp Wines - EDM & Member Communications, Event Development, Club growth & general Marketing as needed
- Hunter Stays - Social Media
- The Rigby Restaurant & Bar - Social Media & Marketing to include re-launch
- Ascella Organic Wines - Social Media Management, Digital Strategy, Destinational Marketing
- Oakvale Wines - Event Development & Social Media Consulting
- Destination NSW - Media Hosting
- Hunter Valley Wine & Tourism Association - DNSW Grant Application Writing
- Broke Fordwich Wine & Tourism Association - A Little Bit of Italy in Broke - Event Management & Marketing
- Broke Fordwich Wine & Tourism Association - Marketing Plan Development & Digital Marketing, Grant Funding Applications
- AHA - NSW Awards Judge - accomodation & dining
TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
An external resource can be a big advantage in identifying opportunities.
It not only relieves the strain of stretched resources, it saves you time, adds a different perspective & takes your business to the next level.
Rowena has over 30 years’ experience in the Hunter Valley hospitality, wine & tourism industries. Her expertise, working across small & large businesses as well the local wine & tourism associations, includes successful establishment & management of
· Cellar Doors
· Catering Venues
. Tourism products
· Wine Clubs.
I understand the importance of tourism to businesses; it helps to tell your story, grow your brand; develop relationships, drive visitation, build brand advocates & grow your financial returns. It can be an important point of difference to your competition.
Bespoke Hunter works with you to tailor your tourism offering & experiences by
· Assessing existing opportunities & identifying areas for growth
· Developing or streamlining experiences
· Assisting implementation
· Setting up systems
· Staff training
· Developing marketing strategies
· Adding another source of creativity
. Social Media Plans & development
. Content development & writing for websites, social media or brochure
EVENT Development, marketing & management
I have 20 years in event management from planning weddings & corporate events (large & small) to large scale regional & statewide wine & food events.
Events that I have established, managed or worked on include
- Hunter Valley Wine & Food Month
- Hunter Uncorked at Balmoral, Pyrmont, Queensland & Sydney city.
- Sydney Cellar Door for the NSW Wine Association
- Fiddle & Bang at The Rothbury Estate
- Hunter Semillon & Seafood
- Donna Hay at the NSW Regional Wine & Food Fair at The Rothbury Estate
- Numerous Wine Club Dinners & Member Events
- Corporate Launches large & small
- Hunter Valley Legends & Awards Dinner
- Hunter Valley Wine Show Celebration Lunch
- Hunter Valley Wine Media Launches
- Hunter Valley Wine representation & stands at food & wine expos.
I have extensive experience working to develop wine brands through a Wine Tourism focus. This includes site marketing, wine clubs, staff training & development and events.
I worked for The Rothbury Estate, The Hunter Valley Wine & Tourism Association & Keith Tulloch Wine; was on consultancy & working committees with NSW Wine, DNSW & have worked extensively with NSW Food & Wine development & promotion. I am currently employed with Thmas Wines looking after Wine Club, Cellar Door & Marketing.
I can assist wine & wine tourism operators with
- Event development, management & implementation
- Destination development
- Staff training
- Social Media
Restaurant Marketing & Business Development
My career began in Restaurants, initially gaining my interest working for Robert Molines in the school holidays. On completion of school I studied Hotel Management at Ryde & William Angliss College whilst working at The Regent Hotel, various hatted restaurants & gourmet food businesses in Melbourne & Sydney. I returned to the Hunter Valley, to again work with Robert Molines & cooking morning tea for conference delegates for Jean-Marc Pollet.
I then took on one of my most satisfying challenges, working with Brian Means for Len Evans, to establish & build The Rothbury Estate Catering arm; this included a successful lunch cafe & catering business in the Great Cask Hall to include external catering & establishment of a highly successful wine & food event calendar.
Since The Rothbury Estate I have worked in the wine industry in Marketing & Business Development roles with a focus on events, business growth & tourism. This has allowed me to maintain my contact with & love of, food, restaurants & catering all embellished with fabulous Hunter Valley Wine!
I'd like to share this expertise to assist Restaurateurs with
. Social Media
. Content writing & development for blogs
. Increasing average spend
. Driving visitation
. Wine List development, profitability & Staff Training
. Website content & maintenance
I can also assist with a restaurant "Front of House Health Check" & recommendations for improvement & growth.
HOW IT WORKS
· We set up a meeting to discuss your needs.
· If we are the right fit I’ll visit your business to evaluate & understand your brand & positioning.
· I’ll come up with ideas & quotes.
· Once you evaluate the proposal, we sign an agreement & work will commence.
· We’ll meet regularly so I can keep you updated.
· Monthly payment instalments will be due per the agreement.